Coming off the nominations from the ASC, three cinematographers that you can expect to see nominated for Oscars are Roger Deakins (“Unbroken”), which will mark his twelfth nomination, Emmanuel Lubezki (“Birdman”), who is a six-time nominee and was last year’s winner for his work on “Gravity,” and Robert D. Yeoman (“The Grand Budapest Hotel”), which will be his first nomination by the Academy. The ASC nomination for Óscar Faura (“The Imitation Games”) shows just how popular that film is with the voting bodies and Dick Pope’s (“Mr. Turner”) nomination looks to be the first recognition that film has received since the start of this awards season. The winner of the 29th annual ASC Awards will be announced February 15th at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza here in Los Angeles.
- Roger Deakins, ASC, BSC, “Unbroken”
- Óscar Faura, “The Imitation Game”
- Emmanuel Lubezki ASC, AMC, “Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)”
- Dick Pope, BSC, “Mr. Turner”
- Robert D. Yeoman, ASC, “The Grand Budapest Hotel”